Are you looking for a checklist of what to pack when traveling with a baby, toddler, or young child? Are you looking for a free printable packing list to make it extra easy to pack for a vacation?
I have young kids (almost 2 and 4) and I’m always making lists of what to pack when we go on a weekend trip, road trip, or flight for a long vacation.
And I always loose these packing lists.
So ta-da! A post dedicated to what to take on vacation with toddlers with all the things I usually pack for my family.
Some of the things on the list below won’t always apply depending on where we go, why we are going, how long we are going and the season.
If we are also going to visit family in another state and are flying for a week or more, I sometimes will order things like diapers & wipes from Amazon (or whatever is the cheapest) and ship to their house beforehand to save packing room.
You may want to use my guide as your guide when you are coming up with things to pack for your trip with young kids, and you may need to tweek it a little for your needs. Also, some things, you may not need on this trip, but may for the next trip! The list is a good starting point for packing!
I also have a handy “What to Bring on Vacation” printable checklist so you can print off the list and mark and cross items off if you’d rather have something directly in your hands!
Download a FREE printable packing checklist for vacation or weekend getaway with kids!
Below are some things to bring on vacation for babies and toddlers. Enjoy!
*Some links below contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy if you have any questions.
- Shirts & Jackets
- Socks and Shoes
Top Toddler Travel Essentials
- Sound Machine
- Night Light
- Bedtime Books
- Toys/Games/Kid Activities/Markers & Paper
- Small Distraction Toys and/or New Toys
- Lovey (Stuffed Animal, Blanket, etc.)
- Baby Gates, Baby Clips & Other Baby Proofing Help
- Pack n’ Play
- Pack n’ Play Sheets
- Sleep Sacks/Blankets
- Diaper Bag
- Diapers & Wipes
- GoodNites/Pull-Ups/Bed Mats for Bedwetting
- Travel Diaper Changing Pad
- Baby Bath Tub/Bath Toys
- Travel Potty
- Travel High Chair
- Baby Carrier
- Stroller/Folding Wagon
Food & Beverage
- Cooler & Ice
- PB&J and/or light meal for travel
- Water and/or Soda
- Juice Boxes/Milk Boxes
- Lots of Snacks
- Plates, Bowls, Kid Utensils
- Milk Bottles, Water Bottles, & Sippy Cups
- Dish Soap and Bottle Brush
- Napkins/Paper Towels
- Baby Bibs
- Garbage Bag (for Messes, Throw Up, and even Dirty Laundry)
- Anti-Bacterial Soap
- Bathing Suit
- Puddle Jumpers/Life Vests
- Sunscreen/Sun Hats
- Flip Flops/Sandals/Water Shoes
- Swimming Goggles/ear plugs
- Beach Towels
- Beach Toys/Outdoor Toys/Bubbles
- Winter Jackets
- Snow Boots/Snow Suits
- Winter Gloves/Hats/Scarves
- Extra Blankets
Hygiene & Well Being Items
- Body Wash/Shampoo
- Washcloths/Kid Towels
- Laundry Pods
- Hair Dryer & Hair Straighter
- Thermometer & Medicine
- First-Aid Kit
Miscellaneous Packing Items
- Passport/Birth Certificate (especially for your almost 2-year old if flying anywhere)
- Laptop & Charger
- Smartphone & Charger
- Kindle/iPad/Movie Watcher
- Coupons/Entertainment Book/Discounts to Attractions
- Eye Glasses/Contact Solution/Contacts
- E-ZPass for tolls
What did I miss when packing for little ones on a trip? What do you always forget when traveling with young kids?