Are you looking for some free things to do with kids for a no spend activity?
Kids can be so expensive and it can be so easy to spend money going out as a family, as it adds up quick, but there’s so much free fun to do without spending a fortune too.
We asked for family memberships and things to do as Christmas presents for our kids in lieu of toys. We got a membership to a local zoo and museum and we love it! It’s also a great way to do some high-quality family fun without paying anything!
Family memberships can often come with a lot of perks as well as reciprocal benefits, so we can get into a few different zoos and museums for free!
We go to zoos and museums a lot and it’s so nice not to pay anything thanks to our free annual passes! We also pack lunches and snacks, so we just need to pay for gas to get there!
There are so many different things you can do with your toddlers and kids that don’t require any money, and below are a few ideas for a no-spend day, weekend, or month:
*This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy if you have any questions.
- Discover a new playground
- Take a Hike
- Visit a park
- Pack a picnic
- Family Bike Ride
- Nature Walk
- Go to a Pet Store or Animal Shelter and see animals
- Visit the Library
- Free Storytime at Barnes & Noble, Library, Local Farm, and other places!
- Make something at Home Depot with their free workshops for kids
- Free activities and events from Whole Foods
- Stroll Ikea Childless while kids play at Smaland
- Free Museum Days (Bank of America cardholders get free entry on certain dates!)
- Check out a free concert
- Free outdoor movies screening in the park
- Enjoy a local festival or free community event
- Head to the Beach or Lake
- Swimming at a free watering hole
- Enjoy a splash pad
- Fly a Kite
- Family Game Night
- Make a meal together (pizza night!)
- Make an obstacle course in the yard (or playground)
- Have a Dance Party
- Play with Sidewalk Chalk in the driveway
- Make popsicles or ice cream
- Make homemade playdough
- Run through the sprinklers
- Swim in a (kiddie) pool
- Plant a garden
- Build a fort
- Paint rocks
- Hide and seek
- Play a sport outside
- Play in a sandbox
- Enjoy the water table and water play
- Play in boxes
- Make musical instruments and play them
- Dance on bubble wrap
- Watch Movies at home
What are your favorite things to do with your fkids without spending any money?